Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r28488 - /libs/gui/branches/testplant_1/

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r28488 - /libs/gui/branches/testplant_1/
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:09:01 -0400

Fred,

The Testplant guys are doing a maintenance release.   The branch is
based on 28233 which was the last version their software was released
against.   They didn't want to take all of the changes from the trunk
just yet for the maintenance release since there is some instability
there with their app.

I've been taking selected fixes, currently only the deadlock fixes
from NSUserDefaults.

I'd appreciate any detailed feedback you have on the others before
inclusion into the trunk.

With respect to the GSContext change, it has helped prevent some
issues with multi-threaded apps in GUI.  I would like to make it less
coarse grained so that it can be brought to the trunk as well.

Greg