Re: Next GNUstep release?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:57:53 +0100

On 29 Mar 2010, at 13:44, Nicola Pero wrote:

> On 26 Mar 2010, at 20:55, Fred Kiefer wrote:
>
>> Before FOSDEM we were planing a coordinated release of the GNUstep core
>> components. In the meantime a lot has happened. Base was completely
>> rewritten,
>
> Is gnustep-base really ready for a release so shortly after a large rewrite ?
>
> I assume we're talking of an unstable release ? ;-)

Most of the 'rewriting' was really simplifying.  In terms of line count, I
wouldn't be surprised if there is less code in base now than in the last stable
release - although there's a lot more in terms of features.

In particular, Richard has done a lot of work on the test suite, and many of
the 'rewritten' parts were fixing bugs that the test suite found.  I've
certainly found the svn base to be more reliable than nominally-stable base,
and I think calling it an unstable release just means that no one uses it.

David

-- Sent from my STANTEC-ZEBRA