Re: open recent in renaissance?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: open recent in renaissance?
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 15:37:55 +0200

Hi,

I am writing an NSDocument based application using renaissance, but my recent documents menu never gets any entries.

Thats is in my GSMarkupDocument subclass:

- (BOOL)readFromURL:(NSURL *)absoluteURL ofType:(NSString *)typeName error:(NSError **)outError
{
ASSIGN(_eomodel, [EOModel modelWithContentsOfFile: [absoluteURL path]]);
 ASSIGN(_entityNames,[_eomodel entityNames]);

 return YES;
}

which loads the document just fine, but the recent documents menu is empty...
Any ideas?

GSMarkupDocument is identical to NSDocument except that it loads a Renaissance .gsmarkup file instead of a .nib.
So this particular problem may not have much to do with Renaissance. ;-)

Are you working on GNUstep or on Apple Mac OS X ?

I quickly looked at a couple of examples of NSDocument-based applications and the main problem I have is with having the property lists work cross-platform (nothing new, actually). It sounds like we want to make changes
there.  Is your problem due to that ?

Thanks