Re: Interesting discussion on gcc about objc

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Interesting discussion on gcc about objc
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:58:15 +0100

Since then, every file from GCC libobjc has been replaced with a new file (or files) implementing similar functionality.

Great

You should audit the code and make sure there are no lines left which are derived from libobjc (no matter how irrelevant they seem) then add a README that clearly states that all the code is entirely new :-)

If all the code is entirely new, I guess it becomes harder to argue that it is a derived work. I'm still not a lawyer, so I don't really know but if the final code is all entirely yours it certainly feels right that you should be able to use any license you
want for it. ;-)

Thanks