Re: Heads Up: ABI Change

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: Heads Up: ABI Change
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 07:41:54 -0600

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:
So, I've updated the NSNumberFormatter code to revert to the original instance variable layout and use the pointer to store the extra data.  Please could you have a look at what I did for -copyWithZone: in particular, as I actually added some extra code there (it didn't appear to be copying the _locale and _formatter) and I'm not sure I did that correctly.

I just took a look.  I'd say the best thing to do here is use ICU's unum_close() function to copy the formatter over.  According to the documentation "This function performs a deep copy" which I think is what we want here.

I still need to look at copying and coding protocols for the formatters, as there a lot of stuff that needs to be copied over.  It's on my to-do list.

Stef