Re: Image size, DPI (was Re: Gorm is broken)

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Image size, DPI (was Re: Gorm is broken)
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 10:33:31 +0200

On 2011-05-03, at 2:28 PM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Cocoa supprts also ICNS with multiple res images which is very good
for things like icons in the workspace or the dock. It is also very
good when supplying smaller images. For example 16x16 or 32x32 look
much better if supplied instead of precomputed.

Agreed. It turns out GNUstep already supported reading multi-image
TIFF's. NSImage just need _bestRep:withResolutionMatch: implemented,
which I just did.

The same would be true for all the other bitmap formats if we hadn't
started off with a completely wrong interface to load the data. The
method NSBitmapImagerep imageRepsWithData: needs to be rewritten and of
course this requires to rewrite all the specific format handlers.

I always wanted to do this, but never got around to it...