Re: Next GNUstep release?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release?
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:56:21 +0000

On 9 Nov 2011, at 05:32, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> As I remember it, we agreed on GCC 4.0 and later.

Yup, the rationale was that 2.9x -> 3.x was where most of the platforms were
dropped.  Excluding 3.x gives us a more modern compiler with better language
support and doesn't lose us any platforms.  Pretty much anything that might
reasonably be expected to run GNUstep that was supported by 3.x is also
supported by 4.x.

David

-- Sent from my Apple II