Re: Really, really going to do a release of base

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Really, really going to do a release of base
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:37:54 +0100

On 17.02.2013 18:47, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
I'm away on holiday for a week from tomorrow ... but once I'm back I
promise to make a release of base (before the end of this month).
I'll be without a computer, and unable to do any work on GNUstep.

If we come up with changes/fixes that can't be done in time (for
instance i'd like to performance tune autorelease pools a bit), we
can make another release in March.

Hi Richard,

are you already back? If you are going to make a release of base, could you please do one of make, gui and back as well? I only committed one tiny change by Nicola for make, but for people using the outdated non-flattened structure this should make a difference. For gui and back I have a good feeling that the changes to 64 bit data structures did improve things and wont result in too many new problems. There is already a new pile of changes from testplant waiting to be merged back into trunk and I would like to do so right after the release. And there is the Bezier path change by Christopher Armstrong and a few small changes that I should be working on. They all wait for the code freeze to be over :-)