Re: XML Property List code in GNUstep Base

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: XML Property List code in GNUstep Base
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 08:13:59 -0600

On Jul 14, 2015, at 11:29 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

A XML plist parser does not need to be a full XML parser, and can skip the DTD validation altogether (which is what I plan on doing in CoreBase).  The format is brain-dead simple and a XML plist parser can go through data efficiently without ever having to validate, returning NULL on a syntax error.

Yes, that seems to be another argument for not bothering to keep our own version of the DTD: people aren’t going to check it anyway.

FYI, I put version 1.0 of the DTD on gnustep.org in case anyone wants to use it (Both plist-1_0.dtd and PropertyList-1.0.dtd)