gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] corrections to gompspecs.tex

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] corrections to gompspecs.tex
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:36:57 +0100

Hello Melvin, glad you joined us :-)

As you have understood, the project is in standby at the moment because we
need tight integration with the tree-ssa middle end, which is still under
heavy development, and because we need a more evolved C parser (whose state I
ignore: it was supposed to be almost ready one year ago).

At that time, we decided to start from C because Fortran 77 did not look a
good investment for the future and F95 was far from being complete. Now
things have probably changed, and F95 could be a more suitable target for our
hack. In any case, Steven and Paul should be reading this mailing list, so
they can give their opinion on this topic.

Final thought: the more technical people in this mailing list (I'm not one of
them) are heavily busy either with tree-ssa or with gcc- f95; probably we
will make no progress here until those projects are in a more advanced stage
or new enthusiastic and fresh forces join gomp.

Cheers
Biagio

Biagio Lucini
Institut Fuer Theoretische Physik