gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] corrections to gompspecs.tex

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] corrections to gompspecs.tex
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:21:48 -0500

Biagio Lucini wrote:
At that time, we decided to start from C because Fortran 77 did not look a good investment for the future and F95 was far from being complete. Now things have probably changed, and F95 could be a more suitable target for our hack. In any case, Steven and Paul should be reading this mailing list, so they can give their opinion on this topic.

After making a few trivial contributions to gfortran, I'm delving deeper
into the architecture with an eye toward making other contributions. As
such, I'm best-equipped to make contributions to the Fortran 95 version
of Open MP.

Final thought: the more technical people in this mailing list (I'm not one of them) are heavily busy either with tree-ssa or with gcc- f95; probably we will make no progress here until those projects are in a more advanced stage or new enthusiastic and fresh forces join gomp.

Part of the problem is time; I'm just coming out of a business crisis
(self-employment is both boon and bane), and am just beginning to get my
head above water. Debates in the main gcc mailing list suggest that
tree-ssa is some time away from being merged into mainline.

--
Scott Robert Ladd