gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘regress-driver broken

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘regress-driver broken
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 14:59:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016, Fred Wright wrote:

> Found it.  The "fragment" case in gpscommon.run wasn't clearing out the
> old response, so it got duplicated.  The behavior varies as a function of
> how the line boundaries relate to packet-buffer boundaries.
>
> With the fix I also see failures on this test, but I believe that's
> because the current "reference" data was captured with the same bug
> hitting at different places.  Once I confirm this, I'll send a patch.
>
> All the other tests still pass with the fix.

It turns out that GPSD's code wasn't the only thing allergic to long
lines;  git send-email doesn't like the test data fix, either. :-)

But you can pull the fix into a branch called test-fixes as follows:

git fetch https://github.com/fhgwright/gpsd.git test-fixes:test-fixes

The change can also be viewed here:

https://github.com/fhgwright/gpsd/commit/21522a6e42f7d49e5602511bde5030ae3533651e

That's rebased to master as of a few minutes ago.

Fred Wright