gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘regress-driver broken

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘regress-driver broken
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 13:06:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > Fails for me.  See below.
>
> I don't know what's going on here.  Your IRC guess that you may be blowing
> past
> a length limit in the test harness may be right.  Won't be Python, as that
> has dynamic allocation; might be sed.
>
> If we can find out whast the real firlds in a 1097 are that would probably
> be shorter.

I've confirmed that:

1) All discrepancies are due to records (lines) being exactly duplicated.

2) Of the 17 discrepancies, 14 are type 1107, one is type 1019, one is
type 1044, and one is type 1046.

3) The duplications are present in the raw output from gpsfake, so the
problem isn't sed's fault.

Fred Wright