gpsd-dev

Re: would it be time to replace scons with meson build system?

From: Claus Klein
Subject: Re: would it be time to replace scons with meson build system?
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 07:59:57 +0100

Do you mean, you can’t build cmake itself?

Than, you are right, but most modern C++ projects (ninja too) are working based
on C++11 and newer!
C++20 is coming soon!!!

Quote from https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/README.rst
```
Building CMake from Scratch

UNIX/Mac OSX/MinGW/MSYS/Cygwin

You need to have a C++ compiler (supporting C++11) and a make installed. Run
the bootstrap script you find in the source directory of CMake. You can use the
--help option to see the supported options. You may use the
--prefix=<install_prefix> option to specify a custom installation directory for
CMake. Once this has finished successfully, run make and make install.

For example, if you simply want to build and install CMake from source, you can
build directly in the source tree:

$ ./bootstrap && make && sudo make install
Or, if you plan to develop CMake or otherwise run the test suite, create a
separate build tree:

$ mkdir cmake-build && cd cmake-build
$ ../cmake-source/bootstrap && make
```