gpsd-dev

Re: ubxtool port?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ubxtool port?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 12:34:17 -0700

Yo John!

On Wed, 6 May 2020 15:22:33 -0400
John Ackermann N8UR <address@hidden> wrote:

> Those are all F9P boards, and I have the very nice one from SparkFun.
> It's the F9T that is the problem.  When I was looking a couple of
> months ago, the uBlox one is all I was able to find.

I know Clive sells F9T, he lent me an early prototype.

This two I sent: The links say F9P, but the title says F9T.

https://www.gnss.store/gnss-gps-modules/102-zed-f9p-rtk-receiver-board-with-multiband-antenna-l1-l2-lis3mdl.html

https://www.gnss.store/gnss-gps-modules/108-ublox-zed-f9p-rtk-gnss-receiver-board-with-sma-base-or-rover.html

The footprint is small.  Some smal shops, like Clive's, will put on any
chip you want.

> I've ended up spinning my own carrier board that will support all the
> I/O on either the F9P or F9T and includes USB-to-UART and
> RS232-to-UART converters that the user can wire to the chip any way
> they want.  Just waiting for Seeed Fusion to ship them here, then
> we'll pop them in my friend's toaster reflow oven.

A lot of waiting going on...

> What I was trying to do specifically was simply turn on the GLONASS
> constellation in the F9T so I could do a GPS-only (on the F9P) versus
> GPS+GLONASS (on the F9T) comparison.  At the moment I only have one
> unit of each, so have to use the different types to do a simultaneous
> comparison -- though when I get the boards done that will change.

Yes, well worth doing.

> I was hoping the -e GLONASS command would take care of that, but
> apparently not.

Works for me.  Still not seen a good log from you on this.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588