gpsd-dev

Re: ubxtool set GLONASS L1/L2

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ubxtool set GLONASS L1/L2
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 14:57:26 -0700

Yo John!

On Wed, 6 May 2020 17:36:53 -0400
John Ackermann N8UR <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 5/6/20 5:16 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > Yo John!

> > Ah, I forgot, it is in the usage():
> >
> > D and E can be one of:
> >     BEIDOU        BeiDou B1. BEIDOU,5 for B1 and B2
> >     BINARY        basic binary messages
> >     ECEF          ECEF
> >     GALILEO       GALILEO E1.  GALILEO,2 for E1 and E5b
> >     GLONASS       GLONASS L1.  GLONASS,2 for L1 and L2
> >     GPS           GPS and QZSS L1C/A. GPS,2 for L1C/A and L2C
>
> Except this is what I got when I tried:
>
> jra@lintty:~$ ubxtool -w 1 -P 27.10 -e GLONASS,2 -f /dev/ttyACM0
> ubxtool: enable GLONASS,2

Why did you change from ::/dev/ttyACM0 to -f /dev/ttyACM0?  That
way runs the risk of losing your settings when you start gpsd.

> ubxtool: enable GLONASS,2 not found
>
> So it's not working here (with a git pull from yesterday).

Ooops, another patch stepped on that.  Fixed in git head now.

> By the way, that bit of help isn't in the usage() routine.

Yes, it is.  To see the "-p" options you need to do "-h -v 2".  You
see even more data with "-h -v 3"

>  Rather it's in getstatus().

There too.

>  Apparently you have to have to use -h with at
> least "-v2" to see it.

Yup, a lot more with -v 2 and -v 3.

> (Not running gpsd right now because of Fred's earlier comment when
> talking about the -i option.  And a general desire to reduce the
> variables as far as possible.)

Don't let me stop you from playing.  There is a LOT to learn about CFG-PRT
and friends.  That becomes very important when running a board with USB,
serial1 and serial2.

The only way this new code gets to a shape that works for people is
with beta testers like you.  Thanks for that.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588