gpsd-dev

Re: Copyright years in source code

From: Sanjeev Gupta
Subject: Re: Copyright years in source code
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 10:53:58 +0800

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 9:37 AM Mark Atwood <address@hidden> wrote:
Is there any question for me to answer in this thread?

Mark, on May 7th, Gary said:

> I did this at the suggestion of Mark Atwood.  He is project head for
> gpsd, NTPsec and other projects.  He also works at Amazon on software
> license issues.  The MAGA have deemed that the current copyright notices
> in gpsd are the way they all want it done.

 which is why I was waiting for you to chime in.

So, consensus?

    GPSd will use copyright messages of the form

                               Copyright Some-Year Some-Name <some-email>

I will submit patches to scrub the "(c)", but not the year of first publication (I agree with Gary that it adds documentation value,if nothing else, for our users)

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane