gpsd-dev

Re: ✘Major build change pushed

From: Martin Laabs
Subject: Re: ✘Major build change pushed
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 09:31:14 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 13:17:22 -0600 > Curtis Olson <curtolson@flightgear.org>
wrote:> [...]

Most peoppel will just install the module, and add the installed
directory, the PYTHONPATH that the build tells you, to your PYTHONPATH.
Ffor me that is:

         export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib64/python3.9/site-packages

If you do not want to install, but instead run from the build directory,
then set your PYTHONPATH to that.  In my case that is:

I use the orhter way around and let scons put the module in the correct python path from the build:

$ scons prefix=/usr python_libdir=`python3 -c 'import site; print(site.getsitepackages()[0])'` target_python=python3 install

I actually would prefer to have a setuptool setup inside the gpsd to use pip afterwards to install the module but I think there is a reason why the solution is what it currently is.

Best regards,
  Martin