gpsd-users

Re: How to build min gpsd feed server?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: How to build min gpsd feed server?
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 09:33:08 -0800

Yo Владимир!

On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 15:21:17 +0300
Владимир Калачихин <v.kalachikhin@gmail.com> wrote:

> 02.12.2020 20:26, Gary E. Miller пишет:
> > Easy.
> >

> Good answer. So:
> In WATCH object 'device' property is some string. Is it the same
> string as 'path' property of DEVICE object?

The easy way is to follow the howto, and let the software do all the
work for you:

    https://gpsd.io/gpsd-time-service-howto.html

Writing your own software is a much bigger task.

When you start gpsd:
        gpsd -n /dev/ttyS0

That /dev/ttyS0 is your GNSS receiver.  When you send a WATCH, that
is what you use for path:
        "path":"/dev/ttyS0"

But if you only have one device, you can leave it empty.

The easiest way to see how this works is to watch the sample clients
run in debug mode.

> I think I've already asked about this...

You can always check the list archives:

    https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-users/

RGDS
GARY