gpsd-users

Re: open SHM data only after cgps start

From: shouldbe q931
Subject: Re: open SHM data only after cgps start
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 10:58:33 +0000

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 10:43 AM Hans Kurscheidt <lve0200@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bonjour Gary,
>

> What does not look correct to you?
>
> <
>
> As you can see, the unliked systemd starts gpsd w/ or w/out "-n" at boot. 4me
> therefore, systemd is not the culprit, but obviously I luck deeper
> understanding of the gpsd internals. However I would guess that gpsd, once
> started from systemd would wait for an "open" from some application wanting
> GPS data,

A gpsd client and using SHM are two different things

At a guess, you have a systemd unit file for gpsd that does not start
gpsd, but only listens for a client to connect

<snipped for brevity>

If you posted your systemd unit file, those of us that use systemd
might be able to help you resolve your issue.

Cheers