gpsd-users

Re: open SHM data only after cgps start

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: open SHM data only after cgps start
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 11:01:18 -0800

Yo Hans!

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 19:52:14 +0100
Hans Kurscheidt <lve0200@gmail.com> wrote:

> cat /etc/default/gpsd

Finally!  How many times did I ask for that?

You may want to go back and answer all the other questions from us you
ignored.

> I did not expect/understand this! I was assuming,

Assumptions are always bad.  The moment you were first surprised should
be the moment you stopped making assumptions.

> Why is my app not recognized as client, when opening if
> ((gps_open(GPSD_SHARED_MEMORY, NULL, &gps_data)) == -1)

As Fred, and I, already told you.  systemd(reck) starts gpsd on incoming
NETWORK connections.  It ignores SHM.  So systemd(rool) is to dumb
to do what you want it to.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588