gpsd-users

Upgraded to Linux Kernel 6.3.0, GPS Responds with "Resource temporarily

From: anoduck
Subject: Upgraded to Linux Kernel 6.3.0, GPS Responds with "Resource temporarily unavailablea(11)"
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 21:20:43 +0000

Upgraded to Linux Kernel 6.3.0, and subsequently begin to receive GPS device errors. Troubleshooting tells that it is a driver error.

Has anyone else heard of or experienced this error?
How would I further troubleshoot or debug this error (besides that listed in the documentation of gpsd, obviously)?
Where do I need to go to get support for the driver?

<pre>
# For gpsd output
Jul 17 20:38:40 computer gpsd[431635]: gpsd:ERROR: SER: error changing port attributes: Resource temporarily unavailable(11)
Jul 17 20:38:40 computer gpsd[431635]: gpsd:ERROR: Garmin: garmin_usb_detect: error changing port attributes: Resource temporarily unavailable

# For gpsmon output
gpsmon:ERROR: SER: error changing port attributes: Resource temporarily unavailable(11)
gpsmon:ERROR: Garmin: garmin_usb_detect: error changing port attributes: Resource temporarily unavailable`
</pre>

The particular device is: Garmin 010-00321-31 18x USB GPS Navigator Unit
I have attached the output of gpsdebuginfo to this email.  Device permissions and everything else check out fine.

Anoduck

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.