Re: [Groff] conditionals inside a table?

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: [Groff] conditionals inside a table?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 11:30:06 -0500

The issue is that  tbl  processes the entire file before  groff  sees it.
The data follow is typically
        tbl <inputfile  |  groff ...

Can you express your column widths in  en  units?

>From tbl(1) ...
       w,W    Minimal column width value.   Must be followed either by a
              troff(1) width expression in parentheses or a unitless integer.
              If no unit is given,  en  units are used.  Also used as the
              default line length for included text blocks.  If used multiple
              times to specify the width for a particular column, the last
              entry takes effect.

--
 Mike Bianchi
 Foveal Systems