guix-devel

Re: [ART] Website mockup rev2

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [ART] Website mockup rev2
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 19:43:15 +0100

David Thompson <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I would go either static (complexity or even Skribilo) or somehow use
>> Guile’s web server, but then again I’m not going to do it so I’m open to
>> whatever seems appropriate.
>
> Using a static site generator would be nice, I think.  Serving dynamic
> web pages (that are essentially static) would be a burden.

Makes sense.

> It would be a shame to use a static site generator that isn't written in
> Guile. However, there isn't an available solution and my efforts to
> write one (along with a Markdown parser) haven't produced anything
> usable as of now.

Skribilo would work I think, preferably with its extended sexp syntax.
Taylan’s (html simple) is another option, using sexp syntax.

There are building blocks for other things: the SXML modules, the stexi
modules (for Texinfo-syntax input), Andy’s Org-mode parser in
Guile-Present, and your Mardown parser.

With all this, it should definitely be possible to do something, but
it’s up to whoever takes up the task to comment on it.  Luis, would you
be willing/able to look at these options?  Pierre-Antoine?

Thanks,
Ludo’.