guix-devel

Re: wip-netlink

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: wip-netlink
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 18:11:38 +0100

Hi Gábor,

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> skribis:

> I've pushed a branch with some preliminary work on the netlink wrapper
> for guix, so that
> we can have ipv6 static network configuration, and a bunch of other
> goodies, including hopefully container networking.
> This is in quite an early stage, I was mostly doing some research, and
> tried to define the data structures needed.
> Wdyt?

I think it looks like a great start!  Then you’ll need to provide
bindings to ‘sendmsg’ to actually make use of the data structures you
defined (Guile itself already provides ‘sendmsg’ but it’s too high-level
to be usable with netlink sockets, AFAICS.)

We can chat on IRC if you have any questions or comments.

Thank you for working on it!

Ludo’.