guix-devel

Re: Video narration

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Video narration
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 17:08:00 +0000

Hi Laura,

> If others could test with their own players that may give us  clue.
> Sure, as many players, the better.

I have found that the flickering is caused by the change in aspect
ratio as the video moves from the slide view to the screen view (and
back).  Parole and Videos have a default 'Auto' setting for aspect
ratio that re-sets the aspect ratio during playback.  If I change to a
constant aspect ratio (4:3, for example) the flickering stops.

The snag with a constant aspect ratio is that one or other of the views
then looks stretched.

Padding on the left and right of the screen view might be the best fix.
Then the two views could share the same aspect ratio.

Is this something that you could look into?

Best regards,

Paul.