guix-devel

Re: Video narration

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: Video narration
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 19:49:52 -0300

Hi :)
Sorry for my late response today, have just arrived home.

> Yes, sounds a good plan.  I will aim to work through the videos to
> build each one, then listen to the playback and then edit the
> transcript at a rate of one-per-day this week.  That should mean
> finishing them all by the end of this week.
>
> If you can do the cli sessions as well that would fit in perfectly.  I
> have put back the recording session to next Tuesday 2nd April so that
> there is a little more time to get everything finished.
SGTM, hope I can have all the cli sessions with sound, like I said,
they take much longer and sometimes it is mixing, arranging cli file,
mixing again, arranging and so on.

> The question about flickering could take some investigation.  Do we
> know yet whether this is consistent across all players? or are there
> examples where flickering does not happen?
With VLC and mpv they are fine. Please, try them ant let us know :)

> If others could test with their own players that may give us a clue.
Sure, as many players, the better.

> One other suggestion was to check the codecs.  Do the slides and the
> cli sessions use the same codec?
I don't want to give wrong information, I don't remember now  :/ I'd
rather do the recordings this week (at least me).

Regards :)
Laura