guix-devel

Re: Help needed packaging rust-cbindgen, a dependency of IceCat 68

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Help needed packaging rust-cbindgen, a dependency of IceCat 68
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 15:42:53 -0400

Hi Efraim,

Efraim Flashner <address@hidden> writes:
> Here's what I have for rust-cbindgen based more-or-less on my
> re-imagining of the cargo-build-system and the rust inputs.

Thank you very much for this!  Notably, I see that every package in your
source has a proper 'license' field, and that there are *far* fewer
dependencies here than 'guix import crate -r cbindgen' pulled in.

What's the feasibility of turning this file into a set of commits that
could be applied to 'master' in the next day or two?  If that could be
done, it would be tremendously helpful.  I think it's okay if these
"re-imagined" Rust packages are all 'hidden' for now and put in a
separate module, to avoid breaking anything else or interfering with the
packages in crates.io.

Would you like to do it?

If it won't be done within a couple of days, then we may need to
consider other options.

    Thank you!
       Mark