guix-devel

Re: Public guix offload server

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Public guix offload server
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 18:56:14 -0400

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 02:23:49AM +0530, Arun Isaac wrote:
> WDYT? How does everyone else handle big builds? Do you have access to
> powerful workstations?

For my first several years with Guix... I handled big builds patience
and care.

I could have spent a small amount of money on powerful yet ephemeral
cloud computing.

Now I have access to a very powerful system on which I can test builds.

I agree that the Guix project should offer some powerful compute
resources to Guix developers. Efficiency is important for staying
motivated.