guix-devel

Re: Incentives for review

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Incentives for review
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 16:06:35 +0000

Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauermann@kolabnow.com> writes:

2. Going through the guix-patches mailing list looking for submissions that touch the few areas of Guix where I have at least some experience. I don’t think I found an effective method yet (in part the problem is on my side because the search function of the email client I use isn’t very reliable).

If a browser fits into your workflow you may want to search for submissions on https://issues.guix.gnu.org. It also shows “forgotten” issues that would likely benefit from some poking.

One thing that would help me would be some way to “subscribe” to changes in certain areas of Guix. That way, when a patch is submitted which touches those areas I would be automatically copied on the emails that go to the guix-patches mailing list. “areas of Guix” could be defined by paths in the repo, guile modules or regexps matching package names, for example.

Perhaps issues.guix.gnu.org could offer atom feeds for certain keywords (e.g. the name of the module touched by the commits?).

--
Ricardo