guix-devel

Re: Incentives for review

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Incentives for review
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 13:21:20 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 at 12:49, Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> wrote:

> > These are all excellent ideas, and seeing you articulate them
> > makes me happy, because in my experience there’s always good code
> > around the corner whenever you have good ideas :)

It remember me this wishlist: Use Message-ID for indexing instead numbering.

<https://yhetil.org/guix/86sgbhz3fe.fsf@gmail.com/>

Let take an example.  This is indexing #2,

<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/44625#2>

is fine when using a browser but it is pain from Emacs-Notmuch (or any
descent email client) where is it really easy to get the Message-ID.
For instance, I have to open my browser, scroll to find the relevant
message, copy the URL, go back to my email, paste the link for
publicly sharing it.  Message-ID is the natural email-indexing, thus
it appears to me natural to use when the workflow is email-based. :-)

The wishlist is to also allow this:

<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/87wnyo5x7v.fsf@kyleam.com>

as it is done with public-inbox, see
<https://yhetil.org/guix/86sgbhz3fe.fsf@gmail.com>.

Using a bit of Emacs Lisp glue (or submit it to debbugs.el or Gnus),
it becomes easier for both world.

Cheers,
simon