guix-devel

Re: Incentives for review

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Incentives for review
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 13:32:06 +0200

Hi Jonathan,

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 at 12:40, Jonathan McHugh
<indieterminacy@libre.brussels> wrote:

> > <https://yhetil.org/guix-bugs>
>
> Yes, Arun has recommended public-inbox before, Im enthused by anything he
> uses or packages.

For the Emacs-Notmuch user, give a look at:

<https://yhetil.org/guix/874kl5dh7j.fsf@ambrevar.xyz/>

And for the interested reader about how to use public-inbox, give a
look at the thread:

<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/44625>

It had been discussed several times to have an official public-inbox
instance.  One could imagine: <https://inbox.guix.gnu.org>.  Well,
Org-mode did it [1].  Time is flying and it is hard to burn the candle
at both ends. :-)

1: <https://yhetil.org/orgmode/87k10mt0n6.fsf@bzg.fr/>

> TBH, having mastered lua/jit I would feel a bit dirty packaging NPN to
> satisfy something that Lua would be better suited for. What are the
> (technical/usability) advantages of choosing LibreAdventure?

I do not play to game based on computers so I lack imagination on this
area. :-)
That's just because FSF used it for their LibrePlanet event.

Cheers,
simon