guix-devel

Re: Building a software toolchain that works

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: Re: Building a software toolchain that works
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 05:13:44 +0900

I am very interested in this topic, too!

At work, I have been forced to use the NPM package manager and since the first
day I have been unable to understand this enigma - how on earth do people work
with this fuzzy system almost designed to be unaccountable??   Can Guix replace
NPM?

I think we are really onto something - my hunch is that technicalities are only
half of the issue and the other is the community building for democratic and
accountable software(for which, concepts like Free Software will fit naturally)

-Yasu