guix-devel

Re: Rebasing or merging? [was: Re: 01/03: gnu: wxwidgets: Add libxtst to

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Rebasing or merging? [was: Re: 01/03: gnu: wxwidgets: Add libxtst to inputs.]
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:40:55 -0700

Hi Maxim,

On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 2:26 PM Maxim Cournoyer
<maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:

> rebasing causes the PGP-signed commits to be resigned with the key of
> the people of does the rebase, which obfuscates the origin seal
> somewhat.
>
> I think we should continue to prefer merging

Let's take your argument all the way for a moment, please. What if the
signed merge commits were to serve as the mutual approvals Ludo' has
been asking for?

Non-forward merges could also be used for changes involving just a
single commit, although that would create more overhead and result in
a more complicated project history.

Kind regards
Felix