guix-devel

Re: Rebasing or merging? [was: Re: 01/03: gnu: wxwidgets: Add libxtst to

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Rebasing or merging? [was: Re: 01/03: gnu: wxwidgets: Add libxtst to inputs.]
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 18:10:37 -0700

Hi Maxim,

On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 5:48 PM Maxim Cournoyer
<maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:

> When you rewrite the
> history (by using rebase, say), the existing signatures of the rewritten
> (rebased) commits are replaced with new ones generated from your key.

That was probably a misunderstanding. I meant to suggest with some
trepidation that 'master' is merged into the feature branch, and then
the feature branch is merged back into 'master'. I thought the two
merge commits would be signed by the person performing the merges
while the "origin seal" of the accepted change is also preserved.

Please forgive me. I merely hoped to find common ground but apparently
added confusion rather than clarity.

Kind regards
Felix