gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] 3rd & 4th (jvk)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] 3rd & 4th (jvk)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:33:54 +0300

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 10:21:36AM +0300, Janne Kujala wrote:
> Today: need to think of a way of interactively modifying
> the parameters of papermill-created papers.
>
> How about creating a custom rng class that would take
> the name of the random parameter as an argument, i.e.
> something like
>
>       a = rng.getFloat("pass0.foobar")
>       v = rng.getIntVec("pass0.mainaxis")
>       c = rng.getColor("pass0.color0")
>
> Then, after creating a paper, the rng object could be
> asked for a list of parameter names and values.
> The values could be changed and given to a new rng
> object as predefined values.

Hey, this is an excellent idea. Be careful about naming
it though: it's not really a rng any more, it's a parameter
object that just happens to have a random implementation.

Also, when you change one parameter, note that the *set* of
parameters requested may change; the UI should take that into
account.

Try to spend as little time as possible on this and get Vesa
to work on this; we need to get more paper passes working right.

        Tuomas