gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-12-04/05 (OvalBgVob)

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-12-04/05 (OvalBgVob)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:32:14 +0200 (EET)

Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> >    + I'd like to implement GL side for all of them as renderables
> >      (and make them dice). Though, I'm not yet sure, how should those
> Hmm. What exactly are the things you want to draw?

I'm not sure yet :) I just would like to make also normal vobs dice and
then test if distorted coordinate systems could be somehow used in
"general" views (at least in my BubbleView).

I wonder, how text renderables could be made dice?

And does this make rendering too s l o w ?-)

> What type of methods would ViewTool contain, exactly? Could you give
> some examples?

It would abstract things like VanishingClient, but not totally hiding the
coordinate systems. I'll put these soon (tomorrow) into the generalizing
vanishing view peg. E.g.:

  Vanishing client has:
   void place(Cell c, java.lang.Object o, float fract, int x0, int y0, int
            x1, int y1, int depth, float rot)

  ViewTool would have something like (probably some of the parameters are
  irrelevant):
   int place(cs into, Cell c, java.lang.Object o, float fract, int x0,
             int y0, int x1, int y1, int depth, float rot)

So, ViewTool won't do the vs.put(), but returns a new coordsys for
correct placing. I don't know yet how ViewTool's connect should work,
though, connection needs two coordinate systems.

> >  - We discussed also about the problem, how connection could be drawn
> >    differently in LollipopCV and BoxCV. Came up that the same problem
> >    exists also with TDecoder. We ended up with solution, where View
> >    queries the connection/Tdecoder vob for spesific angle from CV.
> Angle from CV? I'm not understanding completely...
> Also, how would you make fillets work here?

Currently connections are created in View like: new SimpleConnection(1,
0.5f, 0, 0.5f); Those parameters are depending the direction of the
connections. As connection is drawn by put(conn, cs1, cs2), this
one goes from the right side of first coordsys's box to the left side of
the second coordsys's box.

The first proposed solution was to only ask those connection
mount parameters from the CellView (BoxCellView wants the connection to be
mounted in the middle of its side, LollipopCellView wants the connection
to be mounted on its circle's edge). Benja thought that this won't
work with fillets because fillets should be also drawn differently with
different CVs (again, the LollipopCellView is an exception, where only its
circle should fillet).

So, now its proposed that CellView creates connection vob for wanted
direction from the given cell and returns it to View.

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden
+358-40-8235947 | FIN-40740 JYVÄSKYLÄ    | http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/