gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Save problem in pp

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Save problem in pp
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 23:08:13 +0100

Matti Katila wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:

Is the problem now sorted out?

Shortly: no.

Benja: Please report when you are ready or advice me how can I help you :)

Huh? I told you that you need to use real Xu spans (that's as simple as using ScrollSpanMaker instead of FakeSpanMaker). If you have problems, Tuomas should also be able to help you, not just me.

In the future, you will probably want to use FakeSpans in some and scroll spans in other places, but a) FakeSpans don't work with saving yet (and need a PEG accepted before they'll work) and b) converting the system so that both fake and scroll spans can be used is going to take much more work on your part than moving to real Xu spans, so if you need to demo soon, I suggest you don't do that now.

-b.