gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Save problem in pp

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Save problem in pp
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:22:44 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> Is the problem now sorted out?

Shortly: no.

Benja: Please report when you are ready or advice me how can I help you :)

> BTW: no wonder you had difficulties with the coordinate system; see
> doc/pp/coords.rst (compile
> the UML), it's more complicated than I thought...

Huh :)

About the (animation) interpolation stuff. I think we need higher
abstraction layer than:

PPView2:

    Pair p = (Pair)key;
    Map r = new HashMap();
    r.put("MAINVP", p);
    r.put(p,  "MAINVP");

// ... setKeyMap(r);

DefaultVobMatcher:

    /** Set a map from keys of this vobcoorder to keys of the
     * one being interpolated to this.
     * Useful for specifying e.g. buoy interpolation.
     */
    public void setKeyMap(Map m) {
        keymap = m;
    }

Instead:

// buoy interpolation
setBuoyInterpolation(foo, bar);

// when clicking shortcut paper it should interpolate to main paper.
// shortcut interpolation
setTransform(\Motion)Interpolation(foo, bar);

Where foo and bar are what? CoordSystems perhaps? Anyway, I think this
is the field where Tuomas are good at :)  So, I'm only saying how I
like to use it =)

   -Matti