gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] 2003-01-17 (mudyc)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] 2003-01-17 (mudyc)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:12:26 +0200

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 07:56:56PM +0200, Matti Katila wrote:

> Tried to get the idea of Buoy UI.
>   -Jvk said there's nothing new in moving from buoy to
>    buoy in structure. The idea is same as moving in directory tree like
>    in resource management window. If it's so, searching for articles about
>    it is quite frustrating and writing anything about it would be useless.

Jvk has a habit of generalizing too much ;)
For instance, he might consider a motorcycle nothing new if bicycles
and cars were both known ;)

Note that the important parts are:

        - this is a NETWORK structure, not a TREE.
          While the difference on an abstract level is small,
          the difference in practice is enormous.

        - this is an EASILY EDITABLE network structure -
          not like a directory structure at all in that sense

        - this is a GRAPHICALLY ADVANCED ui, e.g. libpaper
          and irregu make it quite distinct from anything else.

>   -Talked with Asko and he raised a good point: "Why everyone links
>    papers to right side?". I'm not sure if the hypothesis is right
>    but after thinking it I liked the point. So left links are aproximately
>    younger notes than right links notes.

This is most interesting!

        Tuomas