gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] ARGH - texture trouble

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] ARGH - texture trouble
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:33:33 +0200

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 12:50:00PM +0200, Matti Katila wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> >> Today afternoon. Just cvs update and run xupdf?
> > No. You need to run texpacker to create .mipzip versions of the textures
>
> texpacker?

gfx/util/texpacker, a script which generates .mipzip files from image files.

> Vegai: I think one of my duties was to test low-end gfx like radeon at
> autumn. Now you have the radeon so could you keep the machine in condition
> where it is easily enough to run tests :)

That would be great. Automated buildbot tests on GF3 *and* radeon would
be better

BTW: two Radeon 9500's are on order.

> All:
> What are the plans for "Gzz-mark"?-)
> (see, http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/ ;)

At the moment, still a bit vague. I keep thinking whether we want to split
different features or just have some composite score.

The things we have that others don't do so much are

        - constant loading / unloading of textures
        - huge textures
        - text: lots of alpha-blended small polygons, high resolution &c
        - lots of small primitives
        - lots of small display lists

The things we don't do that most others do:

        - large static models
        - lighting
        - sync-to-vblank and full-screen (but we're going to)

        Tuomas