gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] SCUMM, PUI and FenPDF

From: Alatalo Toni
Subject: Re: [Gzz] SCUMM, PUI and FenPDF
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 00:38:53 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Matti Katila wrote:

> example push modifier keys at the same time (in macosX and one button
> mouse we still need to use modifiers or such (at first time I saw mac
> mouse (I was ten years...) I though mac users were more handicap than pc
> users because they cannot handle more than one button *sigh* :)

right :)

multiple modifier keys aren't completely awful with a one button mouse,
though one modifier usually suffices of course.

i keep my hand usually so, that the right forefinger controls the mouse
cursor with the touchpad, and the left hand rests next to fn, ctrl, shift,
alt and command (apple-button, like the meta key perhaps?) keys. the mouse
button is pressed with the right thumb that rests on the button, and can
thus be quite easily modified in three-four different ways.

another 'setup' is with the external keyboard, where there is this
stick-mousereplacement, that i control with the thumb of the right hand,
with the left thumb pressing the 1st button, and sometimes the right hand
the other buttons (three buttons in total + the wheel which is a
button as well).

> So there's some free actions:
>    -button3(right) click is free. This is good for changing 'mode', i.e.:
>        -normal: mouse1 drag - moves paper freely.
>        -select: mouse1 drag - selects an area.
>        (-move/resize: mouse1 drag - move or resize annotation/note)
> Mouse pointer shape must be changed between these modes.

when VJing, the pointer is usually not shown, but the mode must be known
otherwise by the performing person and is of course apparent in the
interaction.

e.g. a video may be played normally in one mode, but when the mouse button
is pressed, the playback enters scrub/scratching mode where the time
control can be sort of dragged with the mouse.

> How linking is done?
> I like to propouse this:

this we discussed to some extent on irc, based on the proposals from
Tuomas and Benja back then - haven't been able to look into it since, but
what you wrote below seems to resemble some of those ideas to some extent
.. hm?

> Hmm.. after selecting an area animate two buoys to left and right bottom

will need to look at this closer later on.

>    -Matti

~Toni