gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PEG: vocabprocess -- cleanup and freeze RDF vocabularies

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PEG: vocabprocess -- cleanup and freeze RDF vocabularies
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 21:46:54 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 11 May 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> PEG vocabprocess--tjl: process for RDF vocabularies
> It seems that vocabularies are easy to create but difficult
> to define and maintain. We need more process for vocabularies
> which will be put into actual public use.

I think none of our vocabularies are currently public.

> This PEG changes the current fenfire vocabulary quite a bit,
> moves a lot of stuff into lava.

So, there's 6 classes and you talk about lot of stuff?

> and creates rules on how new vocabulary terms are started and how they
> end up in the proper vocab instead of lava.

Good, I like (too much) sketching.

> Issues
> ======
>
> - What about ALPH? How much should we be defining ALPH things
>   here, outside Alph proper?

Yes, it was my fault even create it. It was too late at night to code
that.

> Create new package, ``org.fenfire.vocab.lava``.

If you want. I don't see this as an issue. We are not using the rdf as rdf
people think it should be used so what we win?

> Vocabularies
> ------------
>
> ALPH
> """"

 [...]

> Then, we have left ``xuLinkFrom``, ``xuLinkTo``, ``xuLinkType``.
> We should probably avoid 'xu' in the permanent names,
> just in case. These should be moved to FF.cLink, FF.cLinkFrom,
> FF.cLinkTo for clink, "content link", a term Ted at some point used.

FF.CLink if you are going to use it as a rdf type.

> FF
> ""
> Retain.

There's no javadoc ;)

> PAPER, SPATIAL
> """"""""""""""
>
> Combine to one class, CANVAS2D.
> Rename ``Canvas`` to ``Canvas2D``.

Why? What's the reason?
I accept renaming paper to canvas2d but i don't see any reason to rename
spatial to canvas2d.

> Rename coordX, coordY to X, Y.

If they are used as properties they should be x and y.

> PP
> ""
> Remove everything except association.

Grhmm..  Why we even have pp in our public vocabularies?
By continuing your proposal of combining paper and spatial I suggest you
also join pp to canvas2d ;)

> RST
> """
> Move to lava