gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Paperbot status

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Paperbot status
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:49:43 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> Well, the review will be easier once it's in CVS..
>
> Isn't the general idea here that we'll do nothing outside CVS unless
> there is a really important reason; what's the reason here?

There are several reasons why everything isn't in CVS, and it would be
nice to get rid of them.

First problem comes with files being in some specific places and owned by
some specific user who doesn't have write access to CVS. So I'd have to do
anonymous checkout and symlink the files. And every time I twid something,
I'd need to commit and update. Here one more problem is that the system
spans several machines and I'd need to update several times.

Another is security: when I'm prototyping, the code most probably isn't
secure, so it isn't nice to publish it in any way. That's why I said I'd
like someone to review the code first.

Another thing was that the scripts contain configuration variables which
are better unpublished.

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden