gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Paperbot status

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Paperbot status
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:39:11 +0300

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 03:17:05PM +0300, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 12:10:21PM +0300, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> > > Is Paperbot now what you wanted it to be? Asko added me a task about
> > > conducting some studies using Paperbot - who's got stakes on this?
> >
> > Everyone...  It's PR.
>
> I meant about the studies.

Ahhh, sorry, misread. Asko, jvk, me, but I think probably we'll look
at it after HT03 DL.

> > I think let's not spend any more time on features, but more explanation
> > would be good.
>
> If we are to carry out some research experiments, we would need some
> features for that.
>
> - [humppake] Paper experiments CGI application to Himalia:
>   - IDEA: gives two paper to the user, user selects the
>     more appealling one according to 1) colors or 2) textures.
>     These should maybe be distinct applications.

Yes, this is what we want in the long term.

> > Where is the text stored, i.e. where can we edit it?
> > A reference to an on-line preprint of the Paper article would be good.
>
> I could add index.html and the CGI script to some CVS module. But I'd like
> to move the configuration variables out of the script first and have
> someone review the code.

Well, the review will be easier once it's in CVS..

Isn't the general idea here that we'll do nothing outside CVS unless
there is a really important reason; what's the reason here?

        Tuomas