gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] REPOST: PEG: Alter Canvas2D vocab to support transclusions

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Gzz] REPOST: PEG: Alter Canvas2D vocab to support transclusions
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:33:18 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> PEG: Alter Canvas2D vocab to support transclusions
>
> :Authors:       Benja Fallenstein
> :Date-Created:  2003-07-03
> :Last-Modified: $Date: 2003/07/03 01:01:33 $
> :Revision:      $Revision: 1.1 $
> :Scope:         Minor
> :Type:          Interface
>

> The Canvas2D vocabulary (``http://fenfire.org/rdf-v/2003/05/canvas2d``)
> specifies properties and classes for placing things on 2D canvases.
>
> This vocabulary does not, however, take into account that
> a node's coordinates on some paper are not properties of that node;
> e.g., when we have a node "The Fenfire system," then this system
> does not have x coordinate 145 and y coordinate -32; rather, a
> rendition of the node representing the Fenfire system is placed
> at these coordinates.
>
> The failure of taking this into account means that there cannot
> be transclusions of a node, i.e. one node cannot be placed
> on multiple papers; in Fenfire, transclusion must be supported
> for *anything*, i.e., whenever some thing is in a "context,"
> it must be possible to place it in more than one context.
>
> In order to make nodes transcludable, the vocabulary
> must be changed.

Making clones is something what I wouldn't do in word-processing.
Same with pictures. If you are talkking about mindmap thing we should not
mess it up with canvas2d which is "making notes" - not "making clone
notes".

If you really want to do clones, you also need to make a new api for it
(similar like ppactions) because pp should not do a such thing.

CanvasView2D can be programmed to render also these clone notes.

   -Matti