gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] REPOST: PEG: Alter Canvas2D vocab to support transclusions

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] REPOST: PEG: Alter Canvas2D vocab to support transclusions
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:28:01 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Thanks, I'm for that PEG.

Mudyc is worried about the amount of buoys, when clones are also shown as
them. And that is necessary to see, what all changes, when editing a
cloned node. Well, the amount could really be a problem if all the
clones of nodes on a single canvas are shown simultaneously.

Would it work in way that only clones of the node selected for editing are
shown at once. I guess, showing clones of a single node is the most
relevant, when editing that node.

Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Benja Fallenstein kirjoitti:
> > Sorry, that I'm a bit late on that conversation. So, the structure after
> > Benja's PEG would look something like:
> >
> >              1:n                                 1:1
> > (Canvas) --contains-- (NodeOnCanvas)(x)(y) --transcludes-- (Node)
>
> No, no, the second cardinality is n:1! There can be an arbitrary number
> of NodeOnCanvas (maybe better called Coordinates) resources for each
> individual Node!

Oh, of course :)

> I don't like the term "2D structure view" btw: it's not a 2-dimensional
> plane, although it is shown on a 2-dimensional screen (which is IMHO the
> only sense it is '2D' -- in that sense, Quake is '2D' also...).

Would only "structure view" make enough difference for canvas views?

And AFAIK Loom Views are currently 2D because our nodeview won't scale
yet. Maybe I should discuss and work first for that. Now I'm going to farm
work again, but maybe on Thursday, or next week at the last.

That would make also the WheelView to be more useful.

--
Asko Soukka <address@hidden>
<http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/>