gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] REPOST: PEG: Alter Canvas2D vocab to support transclusions

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] REPOST: PEG: Alter Canvas2D vocab to support transclusions
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 23:09:51 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Sorry, that I'm a bit late on that conversation. So, the structure after
Benja's PEG would look something like:

             1:n                                 1:1
(Canvas) --contains-- (NodeOnCanvas)(x)(y) --transcludes-- (Node)

Basically, we would have made connection into a node. Did I understand the
PEG right?

As Tuomas told me, this could be done alternatively using reification. The
term is still quite abstract for me (though, tried to learn it), so,
probably you can tell me how it works :)

In my MindMap vision, connections between nodes and canvases could be
shown/created/removed also on 2D structure view (Loom alike). Of course,
the view should abstract the structure in these both solutions...

--
Asko Soukka <address@hidden>
<http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/>