h5md-user

Re: [h5md-user] Developer's Meeting?

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] Developer's Meeting?
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:41:50 +0200

Pierre de Buyl writes:

 > I would opt for the virtual meeting. I have very limited travel
 > opportunities in
 > the coming months and unknown opportunities afterwards.

Same here.

 > I like to think that H5MD is ready (it may be wishful thinking, mind you) and
 > that the module/convention addition might close the domain specific gaps that
 > remain. The "unit issue" seems over now, which is already great :-)

Indeed! What's still missing though is a specification of the unit
strings. The current documentation merely says that "nm" is an allowed
unit specification. A complete and general specification is not
trivial, but as a first step we could provide an explicit list of
units that is a bit longer than just one.

For verifying if H5MD is ready, and for demonstrating to the world
that it is, it would be good to have a repository of small example
trajectories. I'd be happy to contribute some protein examples.

 > I am available on skype/jabber/hangout and can connect to IRC if
 > needed. No idea on how such a meeting would be held in practice
 > however.

Skype and Jabber are fine for me as well. Hangout should work theory,
but I have never used it.

I have never set up a virtual conference either, just participated.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48
91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France