h5md-user

Re: [h5md-user] Developer's Meeting?

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] Developer's Meeting?
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 09:45:13 +0200

Peter Colberg writes:

 > How about specifying an H5MD module "units/si" for this purpose? That
 > module could constrain the format of units, e.g., to the format of
 > the udunits [1] package suggested by you earlier.

Leaving units to modules is a good idea. But for now, modules are just
a proposal, the specification doesn't mention them.

 > I am not sure how much storage we have on Savannah. Who of you could
 > provide a mirror for these example files? What maximum size are we
 > limiting the files to?

Figshare (figshare.com) accepts files up to 250 MB, which should be
enough for example trajectories.

BTW, once there is a definite 1.0 specification of H5MD, I propose
to store it on Figshare as well, for archiving. That makes it possible
to refer to a definite version with a permanently valid DOI.
Sites like Savannah or Github are great for development, but they
don't offer sufficient persistence guarantees for archiving.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48
91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France